Saturday, March 08, 2008

Symptoms

Once I realized I was pregnant I certainly began to feel the symptoms of pregnancy. I've been blessed with no morning sickness so far, and if I crave anything particular it would be Taco Bell. My main symptom is just plain fatigue. I can't seem to get enough sleep and at first I seemed to not get enough food. I've gladly shed that eating binge with a schedule of eating and being more aware of my body's need for food. It seems as though that as soon as I knew we were having a baby all the symptoms just came out into plain view. This past week has been a whirlwind of emotions, and thank God I have such a forgiving Husband because I can't imagine I'm going to be easy to live with after these emotions take over permanently. Oh, and did I mention the oily skin and acne that came with these? Holy Cow! I feel like I'm 12 years old again with dandruff, acne, and the need to wash my face all the time. Of course I do know not to wash more then twice because I'm older now, but the need still comes.

I've had to get some maternity clothes already, and I'm not sure why all department stores now do NOT have a maternity section. It seems as though that stores have forgotten that everyone had babies, and that they need to dress them selves for 9 months. So, now the maternity store is a frequent stop, and large bows on the back of my shirts is part of my wardrobe.

Don't get me wrong, I am loving being pregnant. All the wonderful symptoms and changes in my body have made me aware of how amazing the ability to grow a child in my body really is. I feel so blessed to begin a family with the man of my dreams.

No comments: