Monday, December 31, 2007

A new year

How has my year been? That's a questions I can just sum up in a short breath. From January to December, I have had a whirlwind of change and adjustment. Starting from a new job, to losing weight, planning a wedding, taking custody of a 13 year old, and then ending the year off with my marriage to the man of my dreams. To say the least I have a long 2007.

I began working at Linwood Elementary last December as a special education teaching assistant. I work with K-2 grade kids. Most of the kids have Autism, but there is some with other disorders. It's very rewarding to work with these kids. I was able to learn about the job from my good friend Carrie, who I had met at Kerr. I was loving working with her and the teacher, Jennifer.Everyone at Linwood welcomed me with open arms. It made me feel so happy to have a job that welcomed me this way. So, to get ready for my upcoming wedding I was now open to loosing more weight.

Starting around February I began working out again with a new trainer 2 or 3 times a week and only eating a 1500 calorie diet. The weight just flew off, but of course as all yo-yo dieters know it is so difficult to maintain that such a lifestyle. I didn't gain much more weight after I lost 30lbs. Life went on slowly through the spring time, and we just went forward with wedding planning.

In June, Jon and I went to Boise for my best friend's wedding. She was the most beautiful bride, and I had such a wonderful time helping her get ready for her big day. It was Jon's second plane ride as well, so that was an experience in it's own. For the rest of the summer I got my first taste of teaching. Just as I thought I was rid of Kerr, I was offered a job teaching art for their summer school program. I only worked two and half hours a day, and it kept me busy for the year. Thinking back now I would have liked to have more whole days to myself. I loved it though, and felt so successful at the end of the summer.

In August we had Jon's sister's, Amber, wedding. So stressful and lots of hard work to get all of that together. The wedding was at their mom's house, and the weather worked out so well. Amber's wedding was beautiful with blue and purple colors, and a buffet full of food. I also made new friends through Amber at her bachelorrett party. I was very grateful for that.

In September we ended the summer off with a trip to Lincoln City and a shopping trip at the outlet mall. Two weeks later we received a call about John Ross and that his mother no longer wanted him to stay at her house because of his behavior. We relunctingly took him into our home, knowing it was only 3 months until our wedding. Hos father, Jon's brother, Jeremy was also planned to move in at the beginning of October. I was a mess. I wasn't sure how well this was going to work out, and I knew it was a huge adjustment for Jon and I. I cried a lot needless to say. I'm still unsure about it all. John has been difficult, but with the help of our wonderful friends we have made it work in some sort of fashion. John was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder, and was placed into a half day classroom for behavior. That hasn't been very easy on any of us either.

So, with the long dash towards the wedding I finally made it. We had a wonderful weekend and a even more amazing honeymoon from the freakishly odd household we live in now. When we came back it was all of a sudden time for Christmas. Another made dash for this holiday. John got a new drum set for all the hard work he has done while living with us, and was spoiled to no end. Jon gave me some wonderful gifts, and I did the same for him.

Well, now it's time for a new year and a new home. Jon and I have decided to start trying for a baby. I do understand it's absolutely crazy of us, but it's what we both want and we know it's something that can't be put on hold. So, life is crazy still, and will be crazy I'm sure for the next few years until we get it down. My resolution this year is to become more organized, work out more to loose the weight I put back on, and spend less money. I'm sure I could come up with ten more, but I don't want to overwhelm myself.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful 2007, and will try to make their 2008 even better. I want a new baby, a better home, and happy heart. Happy new year!

No comments: