Friday, May 21, 2010

Sounding Tired Leads to This

Today I was told I sounded tired by a dear friend on the phone. He asks me if there’s anything he can do to help. I smile and kinda roll my eyes, not because I don’t think he’s sincere, but because there is always something I need help with. My answers were sarcastic and true. I could use a $100,000. I need someone to help organize and clean my basement, my scrapbook room, my whole house! I need a baby sitter. I could use a nap. I need a spa day! Yeah, there’s the answer. I need a spa day. I recently posted on my personal blog the few things I wanted for my birthday, and my mother-in-law commented that it sounded like I needed a spa day. Heck yeah I need a spa day, but who says that’s in the budget? Not me and I do not expect anyone to come and offer to pay for one. I have a great life, I am blessed beyond belief, and I feel so lame to complain about wanting a spa day that I can’t have. I do take care of myself with what I have. I moisturize, I shower every day, I don’t do much for my hair, but I don’t do much to it in the first place. I also wear sun screen and trim my nails when needed. My husband gives me regular back rubs to get those aches and pains away, and I work out very frequently. So, why do I need a spa day, right?

I need a spa day, let’s face it! I’m a stay at home mom/house wife and I do NOT take care of myself in the way I previously use to. My feet have not seen lotion or exfoliation in probably a year! YUCK. My hair has not been trimmed in over a year and half, and my eye brows haven’t been waxed in a year! These are all things I use to do to take care of my self when I wasn’t a mom, house wife, maid, cook, and over all grounds keeper! Now, I love my life, don’t get me wrong. I wouldn’t trade my life with the gals who have to get dolled up every day to go to a job that really don’t care for and sit there for 8 hours, getting paid a mediocre wage and not getting the things in their lives taken care of either. I love being home with my daughter, and making our house a home, but I also love pedicures, massages, and pretty hair. So, where’s the balance? I guess that’s just something I’m going to have to work on. Starting now!

No comments: