Friday, December 02, 2011

25 Days of Christmas - Day 1


Day 1: The tree is up and it’s officially Christmas time. The minute Julia began to see Christmas lights on the streets and in the trees she was joyfully cheering “its Christmas time guys!” Julia was so excited to put up the tree, but Jon and I are not feeling the holiday spirit yet. There are too many things on the to-do list and not enough time and energy to get it all done. I’m glad to be taking moments like these to document them when I can, because otherwise the season would just fly right by me and I’d have missed it. In order to get the tree in its place in the house we had to completely rearrange the furniture and take out half the seating to different areas of the house. Once the tree was up and ready to be turned on and lighted, Julia, Chewy, and me sat there for the grand display! Then it was off to decorate! Julia pleaded to do them all, but it was already past bedtime, so we did the special ornament box and put up the wooden Merry Christmas Train. By the end I was feeling rather impatient and irritated with just about everything, a sign that says it’s way past everyone’s bedtime.
















































































1 comment:

Sharon said...

Good words today and LOVE the pictures~ yes I can see tired eyes.
You are doing good guys~