Sunday, September 30, 2007

September updates in Life

Well, the things that God throws your way can be easy or they can be difficult. I'm not sure what it means when they become difficult, but recently Jon and I have taken on a life changing challenge into our home and life. His nephew John has continually having problems at his home with his mother and step-father, and once the bridge was finally broken in their home for John it was decided that we would move him into our home. This wasn't a decision taken lightly, and not all that willingly at times. But, in the grand scheme of life it was what was right and needed to be done for John. He has a lot of challenging behaviors at home and in school, and has greatly increased the stress in our lives. But, the hardest challenge I experience every day with him is showing him our love and respect. Today we took him to Church (our first time as well) and it was like the Pastor was speaking to us directly, and that it was truly what was right finally. I'm having a hard time with all of the change he has brought into a home that is just beginning, and I hope that soon things will mellow down some.

Starting Tuesday, Jon's brother will be also moving into our home for a short time, and I'm sure this will be another difficult adjustment for me. I wish I had more time to call my friends for support, but I barely have time to focus my thoughts on my upcoming wedding. Today was a difficult day with the pastor's speech in Church. It's the first time I've ever felt a connection with God, and I hope that this will help me to relieve stress and anxiety. I hope everyone can keep John and the Jon and I in their thoughts.

No comments: