Monday, July 19, 2010

Birthday Pictures

So besides the infestation of Mosquitoes the party was a big success. The Elmo decor wasn't as obvious as I'd hoped for, but this is my first attempt a kid's themed party, so I'm sure I will get better at it. And more budget conscious as well! The weather was nice, but did get chilly as the evening set in. We served hamburgers and hot dogs and ran out of each. My mom had to drive to the near by Walmart go get more patties - sheesh! I also served potato salad, and others brought mac salad, chips & bean dip, fruit tray, and of course my wonderful Elmo Cake that took Roxanne and I 4 hours to decorate! She did all the work, but I did do my part to get as much of the easy stuff taken care of. Next year I'm doing cupcakes!

As far as gifts go, Julia was absolutely overwhelmed with how much stuff there was. I had been telling everyone she needed clothes, so most people brought her clothes. Jon and I, and my mom, both got toys along with clothes for her. Grandma Roxanne also did toys and clothes. Some others brought toys too, including the amazing Baby Doll from Aunt Toni. My mom got her also a table and stools from IKEA and we've now completed the play room next to her bedroom. We also have a closet filled with new clothes.Of course the best gift of all for Julia was her new Tri-Cycle with helmet and pads! Her God parents gave this to her and she would not allow ANYONE else to ride on it. We'll have to work on sharing. God has truly blessed us with amazing friends and family - even those who were there in spirit!

The picnic site - I'll probably never pay for a site again. Learned my lesson!

The tri-cycle - this gift was from her God Parents, Jason and Robin Cissna, and it trumped every other gift that day!

The Elmo Cake!
Aunt Toni's gift opening!

It's a baby!

More gifts to open...

Getting ready to blow out the candle

Sunglasses!

Playing with the new Kitchen mom and Dad got her...

Great-Grandpa Bob has chosen what team Julia's rooting for this season!

Closet full of new clothes
The new play room!

No comments: