Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Countdown to Week in the Life Project

The countdown is on for the 7 days of story documentations with journals & photos! Ali Edwards has posted a great PDF file for documenting during the day! I think I will be using it just for my journaling, unless there's a specific story to tell. So far I have a few reoccurring events for that week...then it's just daily going-ons for us!

Monday: Julia has preschool; I have Zumba
Tuesday: nothing planned, just staying home probably; Body Combat in the evening
Wednesday: No preschool/going to $1 regal movies in the morning & then Kid's Zumba in the evening & Zumba for me
Thursday: Library story time in the morning and then at home; Body Combat in the evening
Friday: Jon's day off; Zumba before dinner time
Saturday: Jon has the car for work, so we stay at home all day
Sunday: Church, Sunday school ..

My Plan:
As I did last year I will have my journals in 8.5X11 size in between the 12X12 pages. I think I will then have a 1 page layout to get some real traditional scrapbooking into this project this year as the first page for each day, then have the divided page protectors.
Here's the 1 page Layout I'm going to use - shared from Sketch Support



Just the photos:
I'm not going to take a billion photos - I'm going to try to limit myself to 50 a day! This year the project need to be budget friendly, so I won't have the funds to be printing a dozen photos for each day.

The Story:
I talk a lot about my day on facebook, so what if during this week I don't? I'll take that time to write a note about my day somewhere else and limit my social network time to add to my story. This is going to be a huge struggle for me, but as much as I love social networking and just sitting on facebook reading what's going on at my friend's house, I've been getting many comments about the time and energy I spend on facebook. And though many of the comments aren't meant to be rude or put me down in any way, I feel bad that I am essentially spamming my friends with status updates. So, I will be take time away from facebook in order to get the real story of our life into my project. I won't be off 100%, but more like 75%!

What I want to get out of this year's project:
I really want to focus on the art of scrapbooking this year along with the story.
I want to take pictures that inspire me to read the story a year later.
I want to be in the story! This means handing over the camera and excepting that others may not take the photo the same way I would.

So, who's joining me!?

5 comments:

E said...

I so excited to start this project... i like how you have already typed up some plans and goals for it... i must do the same over the weekend... I put together my foundation pages today, and decorated the front cover. I have decided to do a 4 by 6 mini... going to post it on the blog on sunday... hope to hear what you think!

Rebekah said...

I love the idea of doing a mini for this project. I updated this post with the sketch for my Layout too! Can't wait to see yours!

E said...

i was just rereading your post, trying to get some inspiration for writing my goals/ plans for the week and i noticed the skecth come up.... i thought to myself was that their before, and i said it must have been....i not seeing thing magical appear. It is after 2am here in Australia... I think i really should go to bed!

Rebekah said...

HAHA, no I decided to add it in there once I found one I wanted to use. No magic, no tricks, just an update! Can't wait to see how every does theirs!

E said...

are you joining the big picture classes community they are having for it... i joined up.... it interesting to read how everyone is planning on doing the theres.